Kids are a lot like kites struggling to become airborne, yet need the stability of the string. A kite is not designed to be possessively protected inside the home. Though separation is painful, God designed your role as a parent to prepare your kite for flight.
As the fragile frame dives again and again, don't be emotionally torn by the changing winds. Keep running with your child, releasing more and more string into the Lord s sovereign hands. June Hunt gives practical advice and Biblical wisdom on how to be a great parent.
- God ordained roles for mothers and fathers.
- The different parenting styles that lead to problems.
- The proper balance between love and limits.
- The process of letting go and allowing your child to soar.
- The hope God has for hurting parents.
- Do a self-quiz using a Biblical checklist for parenting that includes bullet points like:.
- Regard your children s presence.
- Approach parenting goals and actions with your spouse.
- Take every opportunity to teach spiritual truths.
- How to effectively discipline your children.
In most families, the role of a father and the role of a mother are different. Your child may be looking to each parent for different needs and acknowledgements. Learn what they are and how you can be proactive in the role that the Lord has given to you.
Your child is a gift from God. The most compelling behaviour you can model before your child is to reflect the character of Christ. It's never too late to begin taking steps toward godly parenting.
- Author - Hunt June.
- Publisher - Aspire Press.